Server Address: news.tildeverse.org
Port: 119 (NON-TLS) | 563 (TLS)
If your tilde server is a member of the tildeverse and not able to connect, then contact deepend on IRC
How to participate in tildeverse news using alpine.
1. Start alpine
2. Press "S" to get to the Setup menu
3. Press "C" to get to the Configuration screen
4. For NNTP server, Change the value to news.tildeverse.org
5. Exit Setup and save your changes.
6. Now, from the main screen in alpine, Press "L" to go to your folder list. You should see a new folder list called "News on news.tildeverse.org/nntp". Select this collection and Press > or Enter to view it.
7. At first it will be empty. Press "A" to add groups.
8. Alpine will ask you to enter a newsgroup name. You can enter "*" to see all the groups.
9. From here you can select a group to add, or Press "L" to enter List Mode which lets you select multiple groups. The yourtilde.general group is a good place to start.
10. Press "S" to subscribe to the selected group(s).
11. Now you should be back in your folder list and your subscribed groups will be visible. To see the news in a group, select the group and press > or Enter.
12. From here you can read articles, reply to articles, or post a new article. Consider reading these guidelines: http://lol-russ.umn.edu/webruss/WebRuss/russ1102/comphelp/netiquet.html
Guide created by dbucklin on tilde.town.